We were quoted in an article of 10 Things Smart Entrepreneurs Never Leave Home Without in today's Business News Daily based off a list of 8 conventional and unconventional things we pooled together. Click the link to read the full article on Business News Daily and peruse our list for some extra tips!
1. Business Cards. You never know whom you are going to meet and what opportunities may come your way. In those chance encounters, you’ll need to whip out your card and give it to a potential client.
2. Your phone & charger. You’re lost without your phone so don’t leave it behind at any time and always double check that you have it in your hand or bag before jumping out of a cab. Being that most phones don’t last a whole working day, always bring your phone charger for a quick reboot.
3. Something to read. Sure, if you have an iPad or iPhone with you, you’ll have a plethora of things to read from the internet, but sometimes you need a good book in hand for recreational reading while waiting in between meetings, on the subway or in a cab. It also shows that you’re not stuck in constant work mode, but that you are well rounded and well read. Just don’t pick something like 50 Shades of Grey to carry along - nothing like soft porn to kill your image!
4. Gum. Mints. Toothbrush. Pitching your business in person is your best form of advertising, but nothing kills the moment than having bad breath. Be sure to have fresh breath during networking events or meetings.
5. Lipstick. This is something I learned from my mother. Ladies, if nothing else, always wear lipstick. It will brighten your face and you can even dab a little on your cheeks for blush. First impressions do matter in business and it’s important to always put your best face first!
6. Dress to impress. Zuckerburg may be able to get away with wearing Adidas sandals and pajama pants, but let’s face it; we’re just not there yet. Show off your own personal style and dress the part. It does make a difference.
7. Water. Keep hydrated by carrying around a bottle of water. It keeps your mind clear and will help you to stay focused.
8. Gym clothes. It’s important to keep yourself healthy as a business owner because we all know that taking sick days just don’t happen. If you’re sick, you don’t get paid so it’s important to keep yourself in shape and to care about your overall well-being. It improves your level of production, memory, energy and confidence! Before you head out for the day, pack a bag for the gym so that you’ll be sure to swing by for a workout before, during or after your work day.